[Mailman-Users] bad cron messages from mailman?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Nov 10 16:58:54 CET 2010

Hi!  I'm a mailman newcomer, and am setting up an installation on a
CentOS 5 system.  Mailman 2.1.9.  I'm getting these messages from cron
on that machine:

  Subject: Cron <mailman at uplib> mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
  From: root at uplib.parc.com (Cron Daemon)
  Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:00:01 PST
  To: janssen at parc.com

  /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

What's wrong here?  The cron/crontab.in file has lines like

  27 3 * * * mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip

in it, so I suppose that "mailman" is not on the "mailman" account's
PATH, but I don't see how it would ever get on that PATH, either.  Do I
need to change those lines to read /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman,
instead of just mailman?

Bill