[Mailman-Users] Redundant Mailman servers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 11 01:22:54 CET 2010

John Wingenbach wrote:

>The problem I am running into is that when I duplicate the lists to the
>other servers, the lists which are "advertised" on the current admin
>server do not show up as advertised.  However, config_list shows the
>lists as advertised.  I am duplicating the following files across the
>servers:
>
>/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>/var/lib/mailman/lists/*
>
>What am I missing such that /mailman/admin will display the same set of
>advertised lists?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9>.

Because each of your servers has a different web host name, only one
server's name will match the host name in the list's web_page_url
attribute and only that server will display the lists.

The easiest fix is to set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py. Then the host names don't need to match. The more
elaborate fix is to make sure that each hosts DEFAULT_URL_HOST is set
appropriately in it's mm_cfg.py and run fix_url after copying
lists/*/config.pck.