[Mailman-Users] Subscription Confirmation to Welcome Delay

Steff Watkins s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Tue May 25 16:15:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

 I initially thought that this might be due to one of the mailman
cronjobs but looking through the crontab made me realise that that
probably wasn't so.

Have you got a complete copy of one of these "delayed/deferred" emails?
If so, have you had a look at the mail envelope/headers to see where the
email is actually being delayed?

It does sound like something may be deferring the outbound emails. Are
they sent from the same email user as is listed on the emails generated
by the web form submissions? Without the headers from one of the delayed
emails determinign which part of the delivery process needs
tweaking/kicking is going to be difficult.

Regards,
Steff
Steff Watkins				Natural History Museum, Cromwell
Road, London, SW7 5BD
Systems programmer			Email: s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Systems Team				Phone: +44 (0)20 7942 6000 opt 2
========
Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake
in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that
even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have
left the oceans. - HHGTTG