[Mailman-Users] maximum hop count exceeded

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue May 25 05:19:20 CEST 2010

Ted Targosz wrote:
> so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and knew of a
> workaround (besides bypassing the gateway)

I've not run in to this my self (with Mailman).  But what you say makes
perfect sense.

If you are not pruning Received: headers as you pass your messages in to
Mailman, they may be counted as extra headers contributing to the loop
detection cludge.

So, you might want to make sure that you aren't artificially raising
your hop count with the Received: headers of the messages coming in to
Mailman.

Grant. . . .