[Mailman-Users] Bounceback from Another List

Ben McGee bmcgee at qeh2.com
Mon May 24 21:46:07 CEST 2010

Ben McGee wrote:

>>I have a fairly large Mailman Installation on Ubuntu server 9 with
>>several thousand subscribers and about a dozen lists.  When users post
>>to List1 they receive a bounce message from List2.  For example, the
>>list administrator receives this notice...
> [...]
>>
>>   Reason:  Message has implicit destination

>List2 at example.com is a member of List1 at example.com

>List2 has Privacy options... -> Recipient filters ->
>require_explicit_destination set to Yes and Privacy options... ->
>Recipient filters -> acceptable_aliases does not contain
>List1 at example.com.

>See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/boA9>.

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked and double checked and
List2 at example.com is not a member of list1 at example.com in the membership
list.  Is there any other place I should check? From what I can tell
that is "the" list of members.  I've been through the FAQ and didn't
find anything there.

As far as the privacy options go, that's what I want.  Members of list1
should not be allowed to post to list2, unless they are explicitly added
to list2.

Do you think this could be an MTA problem (exim4)?  Has anybody seen an
issue like this with MailMan + Exim4?

Thanks again.