[Mailman-Users] Understanding Archiving

Patricia A Moss pmoss4 at csc.com
Thu May 20 14:30:54 CEST 2010

I am running mailman, version 2.1.5.1-34, on a RedHat, version 4.0,
server.
I am trying to understand how archiving works and/or is set up and
configured.
I need to understand the difference between the directory and the .txt
file (i.e. Directory: "2009-December" and File: "2009-December.txt")
located within my .../archives/private/mailman/ subdirectory.
My partition, that houses the archives, is running out of space.  I am
trying to figure out what, if anything, I can clean up while I wait for
approval for my new server.
Can someone please assist.  I have been searching the threads on the
mailing list but can not seem to find the answer I seek.  Thanks, in
advance.

PATI M
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC