[Mailman-Users] Email sent to list isn't delivered?

Steff Watkins s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Thu May 13 11:42:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

 you don't say what the "effective user-id" of the various qrunner
processes is/are?

If they were running as user root (very bad idea. Don't do it unless you
really have to kids! ..And even then... Mm,kay?) then they would be able
to write to the data directory. Similarly, if the user that your mailman
installation runs under is NOT a part of the mailman group it would NOT
be able to write to the data/spool directories.

Can I suggest you look in your messages and syslog files to see if any
of the mailman processes have carped about not having write access to
some part of your installation. It's solaris so will probably be
/var/adm/message and /var/log/syslog although your setup may be
different.

I'd strongly suspect that this is probably a file/directory ownership
problem first off.

Good luck,
Steff
Steff Watkins				Natural History Museum, Cromwell
Road, London, SW7 5BD
Systems programmer			Email: s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Systems Team				Phone: +44 (0)20 7942 6000 opt 2
========
Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake
in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that
even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have
left the oceans. - HHGTTG