[Mailman-Users] weird message in /var/log/mailman/vette file

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 13 04:12:18 CEST 2010

Masaharu Kawada wrote:

>Thank you very much for your help. Could I ask one more thing that is
>regarding one of your answers?
>
>>You can add 'root at ...' as a member of the mailman list the same way you
>>add members to any other list, but I don't recommend that.
>
>Why don't you recommend that? I just make sure the reason. Could you kindy
>answer this, please?

Because I recommend opening the mailman list to posts from non-members
and the people who should receive this mail are the Mailman site
administrators who should be members of the site list. In most
installations, mail to root would go to the overall system
administrator(s) who normally would not be the best people the receive
mail to mailman at ...