[Mailman-Users] weird message in /var/log/mailman/vette file

Masaharu Kawada mkawada at redhat.com
Wed May 12 09:17:39 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

A following message keep appearing in /var/log/mailman/vette
at around 12:00 every day.

---
Mailman post from root at example.co.jp held, message-id=<20100
42900100.xxxxxx0 at example.co.jp>: Post by non-member to a members-only list
---

This seems to be related to a cron job(senddigest), so, one way to make this
stopped is to comment out the line regarding senddigest in
/usr/lib/mailman/cron/cron.in.

#0 12 * * * mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests

However, what is that member to a members-only list? If I remember right,
the 'mailman' mailing list created by default, and then administrator's
password
was asked to the list.

How could I add a member to a members-only list to stop that message?

Sincerely,

Masaharu Kawada