[Mailman-Users] This should not have happened

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 10 23:03:36 CEST 2010

LuKreme wrote:

>On 8-May-2010, at 15:38, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> 'Approved:(\s| )*Hon94Bar'
>
>how about
>
>Approved:([^<])*Password
>
>when searching the HTML portion?
>
>Or do you have to have the same search string for all portions?

No, I don't have to use the same pattern for all parts, but it's
already enough of a kludge. It would probably be better to optionally
define a special syntax to be used in the Subject: header for this
purpose.

If I were going to change the pattern beyond adding \xA0, I'd tend
toward something that would translate to 'Approved:.*?Hon94Bar' in
this case. However, this failure to recognize \xA0 as whitespace is
the first new problem that's been reported in almost 3 years, so I
hesitate to make a substantive change that might have unforseen
consequences.