[Mailman-Users] Apache > Mailman VHost Config - WAS: Re: Changinghost names, revisited... POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 4 19:44:00 CEST 2010

Tanstaafl wrote:

>On 2010-05-03 6:24 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 5/3/2010 2:05 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>>
>>> I looked at /etc/apache2/modules.d/50_mailman.conf, but it doesn't show
>>> anything about my hostname, so, what controls the root directory?
>
>> There is a ScriptAlias for mailman. If it is in a global section of
>> httpd.conf, it's OK as is.
>
>It isn't... :(

Isn't there something like

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/"

and

Alias /pipermail/ "/path/to/mailman/archives/public/"

in something like /etc/apache2/conf.d/50_mailman.conf?

That should be all you need.

[...]
>I've also traced every virtual host file, starting with httpd.conf, and
>everything in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/, and I don't see anything providing
>a virtual host block for mailman.

Typical Apache configuration directives for Mailman include the above
ScriptAlias and Alias directives plus something like

<Directory "/path/to/mailman/archives/public">
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

In your case, I would expect to find this in
/etc/apache2/conf.d/50_mailman.conf

Since that file would be included globally and not within a VirtualHost
block for a specific host like myhost.example.com, everything should
be OK as is.