[Mailman-Users] Mailman does not create a mailbox

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 31 16:09:09 CEST 2010

Ozyank wrote:

>There are other working lists on the same server but I do not see a mailbox
>or alias for those lists, unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Mailman list mail is not delivered to a mailbox. It is delivered by the
MTA to a wrapper program which invokes a script to queue the mail in
the appropriate Mailman queue.

Whether this is done via aliases or programatically depends on the
specific MTA and how it is set up. If Mailman is properly configured
and manual installation of aliases is required, bin/newlist will print
a list of the required aliases when it creates the list, and the web
create interface will mail a list of the required aliases to the owner
of the site (mailman) list.

So, what is the MTA, and what if anything is the setting for MTA in
mm_cfg.py?