[Mailman-Users] List-Serv for Nonprofit

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 25 16:47:22 CET 2010

Connie wrote:

>My name is Connie Lewsadder and I am on the steering committee for the
>
>Josephine County Nonprofit Network. The network supports nonprofits that
>
>sign up with us. We provide seminars and networking meetings for the
>nonprofits.
>
>We have about 85 nonprofit e-mails and when one has a message or an
>announcement,
>
>it is sent out to the network by me.
>

>We have been in existence now for almost 2 years and we know the time has
>come for
>
>a list-serv. People have directed me to your website. Is there anyway you
>could accommodate
>
>us on this?

Mailman is not Listserv[1]

Please see our wiki page at <http://wiki.list.org/x/Hg> for some
Mailman hosting services.

[1] Please do not refer to Mailman lists as 'listservs'. Listserv(r) is
a registered trademark[2] owned  by the developer of a particular
email list management product, and it shouldn't be used  generically.

My personal interest in this is not to protect the Listserv(r)
trademark, but rather to avoid  confusing Listserv(r) email list
management software with any other email list management software
including GNU Mailman of which I am a developer.

[2] <http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>