[Mailman-Users] need help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 21 16:18:05 CET 2010

Rajeeth S wrote:

>Hey I created a mailing list.  The list automaticaly sent a welcome message to my clients.  (i didn't want this)  this is the default setting.  I think this should be changed in the future versions of mailman.

I think it is the appropriate default.

>Is there a way to cancel these welcome messages before my clients see them.?

Why do you not want your clients to get the welcome message? If you
think the message is inappropriate, you can edit the template via the
list admin GUI "Edit the public HTML pages and text files" link.

And yes, I assume you are using the admin Mass Subscription page to add
members. There is a "Send welcome messages to new subscribees?" radio
button on that page.

If you mean "cancel" the ones already sent, no, you can't do that.