[Mailman-Users] Configuration Change Log for list owner actions?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 20 16:12:52 CET 2010

Uwe Baumbach wrote:

>has mailman any log or other mechanism to store changes in list
>configuration by list owners?

No. (except that obviously, it does save the changed configuration, but
it doesn't track the changes)

>Are there suggestions how to achive this with add-ons?
>
>Our goal is to support admin group members to follow actions of the
>others... or at least (as an site admin) to respond to their questions
>in critical situations.

Before any changes are made, do

 bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck > base_config

Then do

 bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck | diff -u base_config -

to see changes.

Or possibly capture the http POST transactions to the list admin web
page in your web server or on the wire.