[Mailman-Users] Mailman Archives page not updating

LexIcon unpublishednumber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:13:59 CET 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> LexIcon wrote:
>

>> I am entering "arch" in the /bin directory (/usr/lib/mailman/bin on a
>> CentOS server), but the archive does not rebuild, and I only get the
>> message "i686" back.
>>
>> I tried using "cleanarch" but I get the error message "bash: cleanarch:
>> command not found"
>>
>> I also get "bash: mailmanctl: command not found"
>>
>> Typing "ls", I can see all of the files are present, so I'm not sure
>> what is going wrong.
>>

> Neither '/usr/lib/mailman/bin' or '.' is in your path so you need to
> type
>
> ./arch
> ./cleanarch
> ./mailmanctl
>
> etc.

Thanks for the response. I actually started just using the full path
names, but that's a helpful shortcut.

Ok, so I ran...

//usr/lib/mailman/bin///checkperms -f/

... and it fixed a bunch of issues... the current result is "No problems
found" ... and now and I'm running...

//usr/lib/mailman/bin/arch listname//
/
... which processes a bunch of stuff, but the archive still does not
update past 2008. When I look at the log, it is only processing archives
though June 2008, even though it's a fairly active list and has had as
many as 25 posts a day in the last few weeks.

Running...

/./check_db -a/

... I get results for all lists that look like...

/[root@[domain] bin]# ./check_db -av
List: mailman
   /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck: okay
   /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last: okay
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db'
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db.last'/

... and now I'm really not sure what to try next. I also tried "arch
--wipe" with no change in results and "cleanarch" which just spits back
instructions and doesn't seem to run any operations. I'm not sure I have
the cleanarch syntax right, nor do I really understand its function.

... With everything I've tried, it rebuilds the archives, but does not
incorporate recent posts.

Lists started since the server move seem to archive new messages without
issue.

- Lex