[Mailman-Users] Mail to all users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 13 04:15:10 CET 2010

Wynand Louw wrote:

>How can I know if the mail is send to all the users, because I have my one
>email address on the list but does not receive the mail that I send to the
>list.

Unless you have "not metoo" checked in your entry in the admin
Membership Management... -> Membership List pages, you should receive
your own posts to the list.

The answer to your question though is in general, you can't.

If you have enabled bounce processing and you have sufficient access,
you can see if there are bounces recorded in Mailman's bounce log, and
you can check the outgoing MTA's log to see if the messages were
successfully delivered to the recipient's incoming mail servers, but
ifen that is no guarantee that the message was delivered to the
recipient's mailbox.

If you have an address subscribed to the list that should receive the
mail, and it does, you can be reasonably confident that the mail was
sent to all eligible recipients, but you can't know that it was
received by all.