[Mailman-Users] fixing shunted messages

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Mon Mar 8 14:52:22 CET 2010

Patrick Okui wrote:

>On 7 Mar, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Patrick Okui wrote:
>
>> AttributeError: Message instance has no attribute 'get_type'
>
>hmm.. /usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib is empty -- that could do it no?
>
>pop:/usr/lib/mailman # rpm -ql mailman | grep pythonlib
>/usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib
>pop:/usr/lib/mailman #
>
>I'm guessing this is an opensuse issue, unless someone here has
>figured out what they did with the pythonlib.

I am not familiar with the opensuse distribution packaging, but, as
has been discussed here in the past, the Debian/Ubuntu packaging
removes pythonlib, as there once was a problem where a customer had
a symbolic link to pythonlib, and the Debian fix (incorrect) was to
remove pythonlib.  That is one reason why I build my own package for
Mailman on Ubuntu.  From a debian/rules file:

     rmdir debian/$(package)/var/lib/mailman/pythonlib

Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov