[Mailman-Users] fixing shunted messages

Patrick Okui pokui at infocom.co.ug
Mon Mar 8 09:24:31 CET 2010

On 8 Mar, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Patrick Okui wrote:
>>
>> On 7 Mar, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Patrick Okui wrote:
>>
>>> AttributeError: Message instance has no attribute 'get_type'
>>
>> hmm.. /usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib is empty -- that could do it no?
>>
>> pop:/usr/lib/mailman # rpm -ql mailman | grep pythonlib
>> /usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib
>> pop:/usr/lib/mailman #
>>
>> I'm guessing this is an opensuse issue, unless someone here has
>> figured out what they did with the pythonlib.
>

> Yes, it does appear to be a packaging issue. As I said in my other
> reply, with Mailman 2.1.11, not only do you need the email package in
> pythonlib, you also can't use Python later than 2.5.x. The first
> Mailman release compatible woth Python 2.6.x is Mailman 2.1.12.

Thank you for your help, I was able to fix this by downloading a patch
from SuSE that basically renames the relevant get_type etc functions
to those that will work with python2.6. Downgrading to 2.4 broke a few
other things so I'll leave it as is and plan for the upgrade to 2.1.13.

Thanks again,

Patrick.