[Mailman-Users] Problem with authorizing...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 4 23:05:14 CET 2010

Mitch Braff wrote:

>Every time someone from our listserv sends an email to the list we
>have to authorize the request. What is the setting to let ALL users on
>the list send email without getting authorization form the admin?
>Can't find it.

If you really have a "listserv"[1], you've come to the wrong place.

If this is a Mailman list, what is the reason given for holding the
message?

[1] Please do not refer to Mailman lists as 'listservs'. Listserv(r) is
a registered trademark[2] owned by the developer of a particular email
list management product, and it shouldn't be used generically.

My personal interest in this is not to protect the Listserv(r)
trademark, but rather to avoid confusing Listserv(r) email list
management software with any other email list management software
including GNU Mailman of which I am a developer.

[2] <http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>