[Mailman-Users] Waiting moderator requests not found

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 4 23:02:04 CET 2010

Rob Tanner wrote:

>I just upgraded from version 2.1.9 to 2.1.13 to hopefully solve a couple of
>problems, and the upgrade solved all but one.  The moderator of one of the
>lists gets email that tells him there are two requests pending, but when he
>clicks on the link to go to the administrative database the message is
>"There are no requests pending".   Since this issue was also in 2.1.9, =
>I'm
>assuming it's not a software bug but rather a configuration error of some
>kind, but I have no idea what that might be.

The 2 moderator requests waiting message does not come from the mailman
installation you just upgraded. It comes from a different test, demo,
backup, whatever installation on the same or another server.

First look at the Received: headers of the message to see where it
originates. Then find the Mailman installation that's sending it and
remove the installation or the list or at least remove its crontab.