[Mailman-Users] Permission Denied errors

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 4 22:57:23 CET 2010

Beyer, Claywrote:

>-rw------- 1 mailman crontab  /var/spool/cron/crontabs/mailman
>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root /etc/cron.d/maiman
>
>Those are the two places you mentioned.

So I'm just guessing, but I suspect that the crontab in
/etc/cron.d/mailman (?) is correct and is running successfully and the
one in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/mailman is causing the problems
because it runs as user 'mailman' and not as user 'list'.

I think your problem will be solved if you just

 rm /var/spool/cron/crontabs/mailman

but I can't say for sure without seeing the contents of both files and
also knowing what groups the 'mailman' user is in.