[Mailman-Users] Indexing mail right after delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 3 16:33:24 CET 2010

On 3/2/2010 11:02 PM, Cedric Jeanneret wrote:

> Woops, right. it was commented out in my code. For now, I'm pocking
> around with some other problems, such as my external archiver returns
> a non-zero status. It seems to crash with the
> h.processUnixMailbox(f) Is there any way to have a backtrace of
> python errors (i.e. testing it through the shell)? I guess I can
> write a file with all email content, included headers, and pipe it in
> my file. Right ?

There are several choices.

You could try adding '&>filename' to your external archiver command
string. That will probably work

You can do as you suggest above.

You can replace your "import syslog" with

from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog
from Mailman.Logging.Utils import LogStdErr

and add

LogStdErr('debug', 'mailmanctl', manual_reprime=0)

and change your syslog.syslog('debug text') statements to

syslog('debug', 'debug text')

This will write all stderr output plus your 'debug text' entries to a
log named debug in Mailman's logs directory. (You can name the log
anything you want. It will be created if it doesn't exist.)

I see you've gotten further. I'll respond to that post.