[Mailman-Users] using email to subscribe and unsubscribe users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 30 15:55:01 CEST 2010

Adam Parker, OD wrote:

>I am sending emails from my list's admin address (info at example.com) to this
>address "listname-request at example.com" with this subject line: "subscribe
>address="name at domain.com" but they were getting moderated.

Which means that the incoming MTA delivered the message to mailman as a
"post" and not a "request". If you are sure you are sending to the
-request address, there is something wrong in the MTA.

If this is the cPanel installation we have discussed offline and this
is the list created by 'newlist', then I suspect this is yey another
cPanel issue in that the Mailman router and transport in cPanel's Exim
config don't work properly with non-cPanel created lists.

>I added the
>admin address as a member to stop the modding, but when I send the emails
>now, nothing happens.  They are not in mod queue and the users are not
>added.

That's a bit strange. If they were held before as non-member posts,
they should now be either held as "administrivia" or posted to the
list depending on the lists administrivia setting.

>Shirley I'm missing something important here....

"Don't call me Shirley"

(Leslie Nielsen line in Airplane! - #79 at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years..._100_Movie_Quotes>.