[Mailman-Users] Mailman, Postfix and Google Apps

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan9 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:00:20 CEST 2010

You are correct, Mark:  I do _not_ see the footer for the list on my posts.
So when I look at a thread that I've replied to, gmail only makes it LOOK
like it comes from the list.

Metta,
Ivan

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> >
> >Yup.  I'm looking at the expanded version of this thread, and the message
> >before your reply and after Terri Oda's is mine.  It appears as "Ivan Van
> >Laningham to mailman-users", with my name in yellow (arbitrary color:
> yours
> >is red, Terri's is purple, Cameron's is green).
> >
> >Now, gmail may, behind the scenes, insert a link to the sent folder, but
> >from a user's perspective it looks exactly like any other message in the
> >thread, except that to the left of my name is a very small (i.e., 8x8
> >pixels) light grey round icon with a white x in it.  I don't want to push
> it
> >in case it tells gmail "Delete the entire thread this is associated with."
>

> And when you look at one of the (now two) posts from you in that
> thread, do you see the mailman-users list footer that you see if you
> look at Terri's post? These would be there if the message you are
> seeing came from the list, but I suspect they are not and the messages
> you see are actually those in your Sent folder.
>
> This is not important for many purposes, but it does mean that you
> can't actually tell if you received a copy of your post from the list.
>
> --

Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.pauahtun.org/
http://www.python.org/workshops/1998-11/proceedings/papers/laningham/laningham.html
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours