[Mailman-Users] public/private listinfo pages

Michael Anderson michael.anderson at elego.de
Wed Jun 23 12:09:00 CEST 2010

Zitat von Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:

> Michael Anderson wrote:
>>
>> I have several lists on the same server, all with the same domain
>> name. I currently have a public "listinfo" page which displays only
>> selected lists that have the "advertise" option enabled.
>>
>> How can I set up a second private (protected with .htaccess) page
>> which shows all of the lists?
>

> You could create an other/ directory on your server and put your
> .htaccess and a symlink (named say listinfo) to
> $prefix/cgi-bin/listinfo in that directory. Then you could modify the
> the following section of the definition of listinfo_overview() in
> $prefix/Mailman/listinfo.py from
>
>     for name in listnames:
>         mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
>         if mlist.advertised:
>             if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \
>
> to something like
>
>     for name in listnames:
>         mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
>         if mlist.advertised or (
>                 os.environ.get('SCRIPT_NAME').startswith('/other')):
>             if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \
>
> and add the appropriate ScriptAlias to the web server so that
> http://www.example.com/other/listinfo will invoke your symlink.

Works great, thanks!

> --

Michael Anderson
IT Services & Support

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
Building 12.3 (BIG) room 227
13355 Berlin, Germany

phone +49 30 23 45 86 96      michael.anderson at elegosoft.com
fax   +49 30 23 45 86 95      http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Olaf Wagner, Sitz Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 77719, USt-IdNr: DE163214194