[Mailman-Users] Help with Mailman configuration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 16 18:09:17 CEST 2010

Keith Blackie wrote:

>I have a mailing list that I need to setup. This mailing list will comprise
>of several hundred addresses that will be subscribed by using the mass
>subscription function. I need the following in place:
>
>1) Only admins, moderators and list owner may post to mailing list - all
>other posts are deleted
>2) Sender is anonymous
>3) Recipients may reply to the email and it will be sent to the admin and/or
>moderator and list owner
>4) No subscription notification or unsub notification should be sent
>5) Unsubscribe recipient immediately if email address fails and notify admin
>and/or moderator and list owner
>6) Users may not subscribe
>7) Users may unsubscribe themselves

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9> for a start.

Also look at settings like anonymous_list and the 'Notifications' on
General Options, the Bounce processing settings (hint set
bounce_score_threshold <= 1 and bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0
and set the Notifications on) and set Privacy options... ->
Subscription rules -> subscribe_policy to Require approval and don't
approve unwanted subscriptions.