[Mailman-Users] Subscribing people + setting nomail option

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 11 05:42:09 CEST 2010

Eli Barzilay wrote:

>Is there some easy way to subscribe people and set the no-mail option
>in one quick shot?  This way I can have my script tell them that if
>they keep posting without subscribing then I'll do it for them, with
>an explanation of the few implications (that most people won't care
>about anyway).

See the withlist script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nomail.py> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~msapiro/scripts/set_nomail.py>). You can
use this immediately after subscribing (i.e. run bin/add_members
followed by this) to set nomail and optionally turn off password
reminders for the member.