[Mailman-Users] add 'Member Name' in body of welcome email

Jeff Johnson jdj at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 16:12:21 CEST 2010

Mark-
Thanks for offering a solution.

I did edit the source as follows:
        text += Utils.maketext(
            'subscribeack.txt',
            {'real_name'   : self.real_name,
             'host_name'   : self.host_name,
             'welcome'     : welcome,
             'umbrella'    : umbrella,
             'emailaddr'   : self.GetListEmail(),
             'listinfo_url': self.GetScriptURL('listinfo', absolute=True),
             'optionsurl'  : self.GetOptionsURL(name, absolute=True),
             'password'    : password,
             'user'        : self.getMemberCPAddress(name),
             'username'    : self.getMemberName(),
             }, lang=pluser, mlist=self)

With the patched version, after I subscribe a user, I get this in the browser:
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.13
We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

I believe the 'username' line was added correctly.
I looked through logs and didn't see anything interesting...

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Jeff