[Mailman-Users] qrunner is generating mail - how to stop?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 3 17:32:52 CEST 2010

On 6/3/2010 4:00 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> One of my list admins let a mail of 5MB through to a VERPified list of
> more then 7000 member. Mailman is generating the mails at about one
> message per second.
>
> This takes quite a while, during that time no other mails are getting
> through.
>
> How can I stop mailman's processing of that perticular mail?
> (mailman-2.1.13)

It may be moot at this point, but there should be one and only one file
in qfiles/out with a .bak extension. This is the backup of the message
currently being processed by OutgoingRunner. Remove or move aside this
file. Then stop Mailman. Stopping OutgoingRunner will stop the delivery
of this message. You may have to actually kill it manually to stop it
mid-process, and depending on how it stops, it may queue the message in
the shunt queue or retry queue. If it's in the retry queue, remove it or
move it aside, and then start Mailman.