Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 27 20:44:26 CEST 2010

Wang, Mary Y wrote:

>I've two questions.
>How do I configure a Mailman list to do the following?

Add the following regexp to Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
ban_list

^[^@]+@(?!company\.com$)

If you want to accept subdomain addresses such as user at xyz.company.com,
make the regexp

^[^@]+@(?!(.*\.)?company\.com$)

>(2) Only allow certain email addresses to post

1. Set Membership Management... -> Membership
Listdefault_member_moderation to Yes.

2. Set everyone's moderate bit On at Membership Management... ->
Membership List - Additional Member Tasks.

You can leave the list like that and set a moderator password and tell
the approved posters to post by including a header

in their posts. This is the "spoof proof" method - only people who know
this password can post without moderation.

If you don't want to do that, you can uncheck the "mod" box in
Membership Management... -> Membership List for those list members who
are allowed to post, and if any non-members are allowed to post, add
their addresses to Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
accept_these_nonmembers.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9> for more.