[Mailman-Users] upgrading from version 2.1.9 to latest availableversion

Chad Rebuck chadrebuck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 06:48:40 CEST 2010

Mark, thanks for the reply

it does appear mailman was installed by rpm.  if there is no rpm available
to upgrade would it be difficult to upgrade to 2.1.13 or should I go to
3.something?  I found the pages a little confusing on what the latest
version really is.  What version would be recommended to upgrade to?

details on the inability to unsubscribe:

the unsubscribe using the checkbox on the admin page does work.

the unsubscribe via email does work as well.

It is the unsubscribe on this page that does not work

a new email then tried to unsubscribe using this page above.   I would
receive an email with subject of "mailman privacy alert" and a body such as,
"an attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list ....  you
are already subscribed to the list."

Feel free to attempt to duplicate the trouble by subscribing to the list and
trying to unsubscribe using this method.