[Mailman-Users] Help with MAILMAN list password

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 23 04:50:37 CEST 2010

Mauricio Juarez wrote:

>- I need absolutely change the Admin Lists password
>
>- I used the command: change_pw in my /bin Mailman directory, all was
>OK, I can use my new password for all the lists but
>
>My old password work too, do you know why? I change the root password
>too ( the same) but doesnt work, now the old password and the new one
>worked Help plz

I suspect you changed the password and then logged in with the new
password and then tried the old password, but you already had the
cookie from the successful login so the old password appeared to work.

Try the old password in a brand new browser session.

The other possibility is that the old password is the site password set
by bin/mmsitepass. Did you change that too?