[Mailman-Users] delivery limitation there users?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:28:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Esteban Torres <etorres at dap.es> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:58:56 +0300
> Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Esteban Torres <etorres at dap.es> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have configured a list of 150 members and everything works fine.
>> >
>> > Now I want to create another list with 1885 members. I have to change something in the configuration of mailman?
>> >
>> > There is some limitation in the default configuration of mailman to deliver as many members?
>>
>> None.
>>

>> > In the configuration of postfix I have:
>> >
>> > smtpd_recipient_limit = 2700
>> >
>> > I must be careful with anything?
>> >

>> Just postfix side is what you need to check. Mailman by default
>> doesn't have limits imposed on SMTP connections, IIRC.
>>
>> For Mailman, you can also tune the following variables in mm_cfg.py:
>>
>> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS
>> SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION
>>
>> Check Defaults.py for what they do.
>
> My Defaults.py:
>
> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500
> SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 0
>
> configure SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 2700?

I think you can leave it as it is or just bump it a bit. Leaving it as
it is means Mailman will do 6 runs for your list. If you make it 900,
then three runs. However, I think 6 runs is still fine. The comments
in Defaults.py don't say what is the time interval between the
transactions. I wish it said.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,