[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: Userunknowninvirtualmailbox table

franc walter francwalter at gmx.de
Sat Jul 10 19:39:28 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:02:00 -0700 schriebst du:

> and the third way is
> to download Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py from
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files/head:/Mailman/MTA/>
> and replace yours with the downloaded one and add

> VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN ='some.nondovecot.local.domain'

Ok, i downloaded this Postfix.py and put it to:

/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py

i put in my mm_cfg.py:

VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN ='lists.example2.org'

at the end and restarted postfix and mailman.

Now if i send from

friend at outside.org

to:

testlist at lists.example2.org

i get the bounce from Mailer-Daemon:

The mail system

<testlist at lists.example2.org>: unknown user: "testlist"

I hope you didn't think that i want to have any mail-address in dovecot with
testlist at lists.example2.org. I just want to have an distributing tool, a
mailinglist.

I feel so terribly silly by posting about 20 times and still beeing so far
away from a working mailman.