[Mailman-Users] Storing list admin password in LDAP, orunencrypted?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 10 06:34:24 CEST 2010

Ivan Fetch wrote:

>    How much difference in eficiency is there, between runnig dumpdb vs.
>using python code to only get a list's password? I know dumpdb is doing
>more (because it dumps the entire pck), but is it going to be enough to matter?

I don't think it's enough to worry about. If anything, bin/dumpdb does
less work to read the config.pck and unpickle the list object than any
Mailman process which actually instantiates the list. In return, it
does extra to format and print the output, but I don't think there
will be enough difference to matter.