[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtualmailbox table

franc walter francwalter at gmx.de
Fri Jul 9 12:43:35 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:06:09 +0300 (IDT) schriebst du:

> A couple of things to note:
> 1.  The Mailman user under Debian/Ubuntu is list.
> 2.  The alias and virtual-mailman files will be in /var/lib/mailman/data

OK, thanks.

> IMHO, the section concerning virtual domains is more confusing than it
> needs to be, so feel free to ask if you get confused.

Oh yes, this is not clear to me. I don't understand where the file:

/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

should come from. Have i to build it?

I changed my postfix-main.cf from:

virtual_alias_maps =
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf

to:

virtual_alias_maps =
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf,hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

(i use mysql and no db-files for the virtual-domains) but then Postfix won't
run, because this file doesn't exist.

And i put into my mm_cfg.py this (i restartet mailman and postfix after):

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example.org', 'example2.org']

because i have those two domains and want to run mailman with both. I think
it is wrong but i don't understand why.
I have read the doc (6.1.2) ten times, but my view doesn't change.
Could you give me a hint?