[Mailman-Users] quote-trimming handler

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 4 16:55:04 CEST 2010

Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>I would be very interested in hearing of various mechanisms for trimming over-quoting, including a hold on replies that match some kind of regexp.  I know about M. Sapiro's posting at
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-April/061227.html
>which refers me (in the bottom link) to the FAQ _in toto_, but if there's a more pointed location or recent thread, I'd like to know.

Actually, that FAQ link used to go to the specific article which is now
at <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9> before the FAQ was moved.

That FAQ discusses how to install custom handlers to do these kinds of
things.

>Before I started running Mailman a decade or two ago, I used SmartList, for which I wrote and contributed a quote-aware filter.  I would be interested in contributing this work to Mailman if it hasn't already been done, or superseded by other concerns.

I too would be interested if this is done using Python or if it can be
refactored for Python.