[Mailman-Users] Need help for mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 4 16:32:10 CEST 2010

V Karthik wrote:

>I have tried many ways to post my query in this list. I am getting auto
>response saying this is not valid.
>Please some one give me the solution or please tell me the correct way o
>posting the query.

Send your post to mailman-users at python.org. Your initial posts to this
address were delayed because 1) you hadn't joined the list, and 2)
after you joined the list your initial post(s) are moderated to ensure
you are not just going to spam the list.

Also see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9> regarding why you do
not see your own posts in Gmail.

>I have created a new mailing list in mailman by using newlist command. Also
>i have added that in aliases file.
>
>When i type "list_lists" command, the newly created list is visible.
>
>But if i check i the URL in web browser, the newly created list is not
>visible. Please help me how to bring that newly created list in the webpage.

The list is not visible on overview pages because either the list's
Privacy options... -> Subscription rules -> advertised setting is No
or the host name in the list's web_page_url attribute doesn't match
the host in the URL you use to visit the overview page.

See
  bin/newlist --help
  bin/fix_url.py
  the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9>