[Mailman-Users] Ouytgoing mail header question...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 31 17:37:27 CET 2010

Doug Smith wrote:

>When I look at the outgoing mail queue on my server when MailMan is in the process of sending out one of it's messages, I see something akin to the following in the header lines.
>
>-----------------------------------
>1NbOfW-0004fm-J9-H
>mailnull 47 12
><foobarlaus at domain.com>
>1264901526 0
>-helo_name server.hostname.net
>-host_address 127.0.0.1.41150
>-host_name localhost
>-interface_address 127.0.0.1.25
>-ident mailman
>-received_protocol esmtp
>-body_linecount 58
>-max_received_linelength 120
>YY recipient at domain1.com
>YY recipient at domain2.com
>NN recipient at domain3.com
>YY recipient at domain4.com
>NY recipient at domain5.com
>
>My question is, what do the Yes and No flags at the start of each recipient line indicate?

This is a question for your MTA. If you are seeing the above as the
output of some command like 'mailq' or similar, consult its manpage or
other documentation. If it is the content of some file, consult the
MTA documentation for the format of that file.

Just guessing, I'd say that one column of Y and N indicates whether the
message has been delivered to that recipient's MX. I have no guess as
to what the other column means