[Mailman-Users] Howto retrieve the date of list members subcribedto the list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 30 15:48:43 CET 2010

Danny hendrawan wrote:

>I am running a "paid" mailman list for my community on a dedicated server  (cpanel) - we provide member with our own email address to post message to the list.
>
>I'd like to retrieve the "date" when my list member got subscribed to my list.
>
>I am familiar with the following commands:
>/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byadmin listname
>/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bybounce listname
>/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byuser listname
>
>but  "/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bydate listname" was not exist.

The options '-n byadmin', '-n bybounce' and '-n byuser' are used to
list only those members whose delivery is disabled by the list admin,
bounce processing or the user respectively. Thus, '-n bydate' is
meaningless.

Further, Mailman does not store the user's subscribe date so that
information is simple unavailable from the list. The only way to find
when a user subscribed is to find that user's subscribe entry in
Mailman's subscribe log(s). E.g.

grep -i user at example.com /usr/local/mailman/logs/subscribe*

(substitute the desired address and the correct path to Mailman's logs
if different).

Of course, this assumes that the information wasn't in a log that has
disappeared via rotation. Thus, if you really want to do this, either
don't rotate Mailman's subscribe log or keep your own subscription
date records.