[Mailman-Users] Mailman with multiple domains

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 29 18:55:41 CET 2010

Guy wrote:

>I've got Mailman up and running and looks good, but I'm not sure about
>multiple domains.
>
>mm_cfg.py contains this section:
>POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.domain2.net']
>add_virtualhost('lists.domain2.net', 'domain2.net')

First of all, the domain(s) in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS are the
email domains, not the web domains ('domain2.net' in this case)

>Mail sent to mailman at lists.domain1.net (the default URL and email
>hosts are lists.domain1.net) goes through fine, but
>mailman at lists.domain2.net disappear once they are passed to mailman by
>postfix.

If you are actually mailing to mailman at lists.domain2.net as opposed to
mailman at domain2.net, your add_virtualhost should have
'lists.domain2.net' as it's second argument.

>There is nothing in the mailman log files for the attempted delivery
>to lists.domain2.net.

What about in Postfix logs?

>I'm using the Ubuntu Karmic package of Mailman which includes
>postfix-to-mailman.py, not sure if that effects this.

In that case, POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS is irrelevant. Do you have
both lists.domain1.net  and lists.domain2.net mapped to the mailman
transport in your transport_maps database?

>I believe that mailing lists exist across all virtual domains listed?
>Is there any way to allow for the same mailing list on different
>domains with one instance of mailman?
>So I could have users at lists.domain1.net AND users at lists.domain2.net as
>two separate lists.

Not with Standard Mailman 2.1.x and not with postfix_to_mailman.py