[Mailman-Users] Mailman moderator email links variable

Tim Van Dyne Tim.VanDyne at valleyair.org
Wed Jan 27 18:38:06 CET 2010

Okay well I changed the emails successfully to the moderator email
addresses and removed the mailto: because these are announce-only lists,
and having real emails would defeat the purpose of the obscuring.
The last thing I'm trying to figure out with this section is how to take
away the italics tag on just the email addresses.  Basically
"[/i]%(ownertext)s[i]" ...take it off then put it back on for emphasis
of that text.

The reverse is even acceptable, un-italicize everything, and then add
[i]emails[/i] to make them stand out the inverse way.

Any help with this is welcome.  I'm not seeing where this text
formatting is occurring.

The code as I have it now:

class HTMLFormatter:
 40     def GetMailmanFooter(self):
 41         ownertext = COMMASPACE.join([Utils.ObscureEmail(a, 1)
 42                                      for a in self.moderator])
#changed to moderator from 'owner'
 43         # Remove the .Format() when htmlformat conversion is done.
 44         realname = self.real_name
 45         hostname = self.host_name
 46         listinfo_link  = Link(self.GetScriptURL('listinfo'),
realname).Format()
 47 #        owner_link = Link('mailto:' + self.GetOwnerEmail(),
ownertext).Format()
 48 #        innertext = _('%(listinfo_link)s list run by
%(owner_link)s')
 49         innertext = _('%(listinfo_link)s list run by
<b>%(ownertext)s</b>')
 50         return Container(
 51             '<hr>',
 52             Address(
 53                 Container(
 54                    innertext,
 55                     '<br>',
 56                     Link(self.GetScriptURL('admin'),
 57                          _('%(realname)s administrative
interface')),
 58                     _(' (requires authorization)'),
 59                     '<br>',
 60                     Link(Utils.ScriptURL('listinfo'),
 61                          _('Overview of all %(hostname)s mailing
lists')),
 62                     '<p>', MailmanLogo()))).Format()