[Mailman-Users] Database error/bug

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 25 04:11:19 CET 2010

Daryl Bartkunsky wrote:

>I am currently using your mailman system,
>
>I have around 200 email address with names in a database,
>
>Called a party newsletter everything was fine, but now I'm unable to access
>the
>
>Membership list or any other feature, I'm also not able to send emails to
>this list,
>
>I would like to know how to take the data out and then I can reimport it.
>

>Where would I find this database

In a default Mailman install, the list data is in a Python pickle
stored in /usr/local/mailman/lists/LISTNAME/config.pck, but if this is
corrupt and the config.pck.last is corrupt too, the best you can do is
run strings on the file and try to make sense of the output.

Is this your Mailman installation or a hosted installation? If it is
hosted, you should be talking to your hosting provider to resolve this
issue or perhaps recover your list from a backup.

If this is your installation, if you tell us what the error information
and traceback from Mailman's error log is, we may be able to help you
find the problem.