[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

John Fitzsimons johnf at net2000.com.au
Sat Jan 23 02:35:14 CET 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:33:07 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>John Fitzsimons wrote:

>>Yes, the loss of user options I can live with BUT the loss of
>>passwords would be a concern. In this case the Gmane subscription.

>I don't think the password of the Gmane subscription to the Mailman
>list is important.

You are probably correct. If I can un-subscribe them, and then
re-subscribe them, without them being contacted it would save me/
them tedious, and unnecessary, communication.

< snip >

>The web admin Membership Management... -> Mass Subscription page should
>do it.

Excellent ! Being a newbie I hadn't noticed that. Looks like it could
be very handy to have in some circumstances. Thank you.

< snip >

>The script is not a screen scraper in that sense. It accesses the
>list's admin Membership Management... -> Membership List pages and
>parses them to get the data.

Via my browser, or via an FTP logon ? I am using a windows system and
CPanel.

< snip >

Regards, John.