[Mailman-Users] Archives

Young, Darren Darren.Young at chicagobooth.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:35:21 CET 2010

> The text/plain attachment was allowed, but the message was too big. I
> trimmed the attachment leaving only a few relevant parts. See my
> comments inline and at the end.
I had a feeling it would be one or the other.

> >[...]
> >drwxrwsr-x 2 root    mailman  4096 Jan 20 12:26 perl-ad-manager-users
> >drwxrwsr-x 2 root    mailman  4096 Jan 20 12:26 perl-ad-manager-
> users.mbox
>

> And I think this is the list of interest.
Yes, that's the one.

> Here's what I see - most lists do not have even the default 'empty'
> index.html. For those few that do, the list's all seem to have been
> created on or after Jan 20. Thus, I think issue # 1 is there is some
> process that runs periodically (manually or via cron) that removes all
> files or all files older than x from the archives/private/ directory.
We have an automated (daily) process that generates class mailing lists,
I'm guessing on 1/20 a batch of them came through.

> Issue #2 is once again an obvious thing to have checked, but I think
> archiving must be disabled in mm_cfg.py with
>
> ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = -1
Nothing set in mm_cfg.py for that but it is set to -1 in Defaults.py. I
just set it to 0, didn't even think about looking in there for it,
sorry, should grepped -i 'archive' in the tree.

Think I'm going to give up on this for them moment and use a Google
Group to archive the list. Thanks for all the help.