[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Jan 22 01:29:50 CET 2010

On Wednesday 20 January 2010, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 January 2010, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > John Fitzsimons wrote:
> > >Private archive file not found
> >
> > It translates to

> >il inglist.mbox
> >
> > where mydomain is your host name and mymailinglist is the cPanel list
> > name of the form listname_mydomain. Note that mymailinglist.mbox
> > appears twice, as a directory and a file.
>
> Mark, I can confirm what John is getting and am willing to post the
> real URL to the list and send the *user* password directly to you if
> necessary. (Its just a test list with two archived posts, both by
> myself)

Moving this back to the list.

A bit of odd behavior here with both Konqueror and Firefox. First, I know
the example link to the tiny test list I sent you off list was slightly
broken. (missing the first .mbox) And the fixed version you sent back
worked perfectly. However, I noticed it had by passed the authentication
screen due to my user name & password being saved in cookies.

Tried your 'corrected' link in a diffrent browser, got the authentication
page, logged in with user name and password and promptly got the "Private
archive file not found" error again. Looked at the URL and it was now
missing the first .mbox. Opened a new tab, pasted in the full correct URL
and it pulled down a complete archive.

So, even when you know the exact location of the archives, something still
tries to hide them. Now I just need to get brave and try editing them and
see what breaks:)

Want to thank John for asking and you for answering! While Gmane and
gateways are interesting, they are way down on my list of priorities.
Knowing the true location of archives is useful right now.
--
William