[Mailman-Users] Can you help me?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 21 16:46:15 CET 2010

Melodie Reagan wrote:

>Your help please. I'm trying to use this tool through hostgator and have
>set-up and email list; however, it won't let me do anything with it because
>it says. What does this mean and what should I do, or can you direct me to
>documentation. Thank you!

It is going to be hard for us to help because this is a cPanel Mailman
(see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>). You will probably have
to get any needed help from hostgator.

However...

>There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman
><http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html>  mailing lists on
>tierockies.org.To visit the administrators configuration page for an
>unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and the
>right list name appended. If you have the proper authority, you can also
>create a new mailing list <http://tierockies.org/mailman/create> .
>
>General list information can be found at the mailing list overview page
><http://tierockies.org/mailman/listinfo> .

If you have successfully created a list via cPanel (I don't know how
that is done), your list has two names. One name is used for posting,
etc. Let's say for this discussion that that name is mylist as in
mylist at tierockies.org. There is also a cPanel name which is used in
the web interface. This name in this example is mylist_tierockies.org.

So, the web admin interface for this example list is at
<http://tierockies.org/mailman/admin/mylist_tierockies.org>.

Try that, using the actual list name you created in place of 'mylist'.

Some documentation is at <http://www.list.org/docs.html> or
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html>, but some of this is
incomplete and may not apply to cPanel.