[Mailman-Users] Routing Email Error

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Jan 20 16:05:33 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:58:21AM -0500, Michael O'Connell wrote:
> Can you Please check as to why I am receiving ALL
> Trialmembership at fillerupclub.com to my email address. The emails are for
> people to be removed from the trialmembership and are very hostile.  I do
> not own this fillerupclub email.

You've contacted a list for people interested in the software,
Mailman, not the administrators of a specific list.

None of us -- unless there are people who listadmin that particular
list -- can help you really.

As a general rule, though, in the list email headers, there will be an
Unsubscribe link (gmail seems to have that as an option, if you look
at the short-headers), and an envelope-to: header which will tell you
which email address is subscribed.

(we all know 'anecdote' is not the singular of 'data', but I find I
get mail destined to other people on gmail, from where they can't
spell/copy+paste.)

--
DRINK COFFEE  --  Do stupid things faster with more energy!