[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

John Fitzsimons johnf at net2000.com.au
Tue Jan 19 15:07:45 CET 2010

I am hoping that someone here has an account with Gmane.

This is what I did.

Doing beta testing. I posted to my newsgroup from an address that
is NOT on my mailing list.

I then got the Gmane "Authorization required " email which starts..

This is a non-public mailing list, which means that you have to
subscribe to the list to post to it......

Knowing I wasn't subscribed with that address I "replied". To see
what would happen.

Then I got the next Gmane email...

"You are now authorized to post to the
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx newsgroup." etc.

I shouldn't have got that second email, or had my newsgroup post
forwarded to the newsgroup.

Can anyone here suggest where the problem may be please ? As
well as to suggest a way to fix it please ?

The list was originally setup as a "confirm" subscription list but is
now a "Require approval" list.

This is what the subscription page says...

Subscribe to xxxxxxxxx by filling out the following form. This is a
closed list, which means your subscription will be held for approval.
You will be notified of the list moderator's decision by email.

So it "appears" to be setup correctly.

Can anyone here help me with this please ?

Regards, John.